UNM Pre-dental Society

UNM Pre-dental Society
UNM Pre-dental Society

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Dr. Stroschein's message and news


Hi all the predentals,

I hope your semester is going well:)

Here's Dr. Stroschein's message and news that I'm posting for him.

Layla

Pre-Dental Updates and News to Report from the Desk of Dr. Strohschein!



The semester is in full swing and I wanted to update everyone with the on-goings of the Society.



Recent events went off without a hitch. The Pre-Dental / Mentor Dinner was a tremendous success. As usual, we had more pre-dents at the event then mentors, which really demonstrated your desire to participate in the program. I appreciate everyone coming out for the dinner – we even had a group of pre-dents make the trip from New Mexico State in Las Cruces !

The UMKC meeting was very well attended last night. There were more than 30 pre-dents in attendance (even during a snow storm!). Dr. Killip and Mr. Bigham from UMKC were very pleased with turnout and have already expressed a strong desire to return next year. Thanks to everyone who trudged through the snow to be there.



Remember to save the dates for the University of Pacific School of Dentistry (March 3rd) and for Baylor School of Dentistry (April 28th).



A group of pre-dental students joined me last week to participate in the New Mexico Dental Association Give Kids a Smile Campaign at the New Mexico Legislative Roundhouse in Santa Fe . We were able to provide dental screening to approximately 30 second-grade kids and met with legislative representatives to bring oral health issues to the forefront this year. I encourage you to check out an ADA article that was written describing our participation: http://www.ada.org/prof/resources/pubs/adanews/adanewsarticle.asp?articleid=2873

This article will bring some great national publicity to the New Mexico Pre-Dental Society! We should all be proud!



Maria Ruby, Coordinator for Biology Advisement, wanted me to pass along their schedule for the spring semester. I know we have many Biology majors out there. So if you need some advisement regarding your major, feel free to check out the attachment to coordinate a time to meet with them.



I’ve had many requests to schedule on-on-one meetings in order to go over your progress and evaluate when you’ll be ready to apply to dental school. I’m happy to coordinate a meeting with you to discuss any questions you may have. Please contact me at nmpredentaladvisor@yahoo.com and let me know if you’re interested. I usually schedule meetings on Mondays, but on some occasions I can arrange a meeting during a weekday evening.



I think that’s all I have for now. I'll see everyone at the next meeting (Tuesday Feb. 12th). Dr. Jesus Galvan will be providing a presentation about how to run a dental business. It should be a very informative meeting.



Talk to you soon! Keep up the great work everybody!



Dr. Strohschein

Your Pre-Dental Academic Advisor





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. To remove yourself from the UNMPDS Listserv, send an e-mail to listserv@list.unm.edu. Put only: "unsubscribe UNMPDS-L" in the body without the "". Leave Subject Line Blank.

No comments: